Wednesday 1 June 2011

Visitors!

After Jon and Elisha's wedding, we came back to our wee house in the North with Mother in tow, for her first visit to our (relatively) new home.
The weather was pleasant for most of the 10 days she was with us and we were able to take her out and about, showing her some of the wide range of features that make up West Cumbria - the sea, the skies, the hills, lakes and mountains, and visiting some of the local attractions, such as The Beacon in Whitehaven, the Senhouse Roman Museum in Maryport, and Castlerigg Stone Circle.
I suspect that the probable highlight for her was when my daughter Lizz paid us a visit from Leeming, bringing her two little girls to see their Great Grandma.
Lizz and Baby Chloe

Mother's Pride!

Deep in concentration!

Freya's menagerie

Freya makes a call to her Daddy!

Great Grandma and Baby Chloe

Great Grandma with Freya and Chloe

Family history in the making - four generations makes it so interesting to compare family members looks and mannerisms!


I believe a photo exists somewhere of five previous generations of my family together, although I have never seen it. It was taken on the occasion of the birth of my cousin Marion around 1943, and showed her and her mother Thora Seabrook nee Bales (my father's eldest half-sister), plus Thora's mother Lily Parsons (nee Girling, then Bales), grandmother Emily Girling, (nee Cattermole) and great-grandmother Susannah Cattermole (nee Godfrey), who was over 100 at the time. 

I would love to see that photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment