Tuesday 28 December 2010

Doing The Post-Christmas/Pre-New Year Limbo Dance...

The 'tween days have a truly surreal feel this year. 
The snow has melted away to nothing, to be replaced by overcast pale grey skies and an all-enveloping mist.
Just the weather to be curled up in front of a log fire reading A Study In Scarlet...
It is strangely difficult to do ordinary things, as it feels so extraordinary at the moment. I have no wish or need to hit the Sales, and it is hardly the weather for walking, so I am indoors wishing we had the energy or inclination to carry on working on the sitting room (so I can curl up in front of the fire and re-acquaint myself with the lean, ascetic gentleman), but I suspect that time is a little way off yet!
This period between Yule and the beginning of 2011 will feel like treading water, I suspect.

Joke of the Season:
"I was tempted by the Cheryl Cole Calendar, but I think I'll go with the Gregorian as usual."

1 comment:

  1. Mmm I know what you mean about the grey skies!
    Hope you build up the energy to get on with all your jobs.
    Have a great New Year Sally.. x

    ReplyDelete